Through this Scholarship (NMMSS), one lakh meritorious students across the country from Std.
Due to Corona, this scholarship (National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme) has not been organized yet this year but now that the situation has returned to normal, applications for it have started.
According to the scholarship rules, only non-reserved and OBC candidates who have scored 55% marks in 7 and SC / ST candidates who have obtained 50% marks, whose parents’ annual income does not exceed 1.5 lakh, will be able to apply.
But because of Corona, students were promoted to 8th standard without taking the exam, which is why, for the first time this year, the school education and literacy department of the Ministry of Education has abolished the requirement of marks for students applying. The special thing about NMMSS exam is that no fee will be charged for this exam.
National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2022: Register as follows
1. First go to the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
2. Read the directions carefully, select the guarantee and click ‘Continue’.
3. Enter the student’s address, scholarship category, type of scheme (scholarship scheme), gender, name of the applicant, date of birth, mobile number, email id.
4. Provide bank details (bank name, IFSC code, account number)
5. Select Aadhaar or bank account number as identification details and click on ‘Register’ button.
6. Mobile number will be verified and OTP will be generated.
7. Now, log in using OTP and fill out the form.
8. An application ID and password will be generated. Use it for future references.
National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme: The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage gifted students from economically weaker classes to prevent drop out in 8th standard and continue their studies at secondary level.