Revenue Minister Kailash Gehlot says Kovid’s cases are now declining and sanctions are being lifted in Delhi. People are now also inquiring about the Mukhyamantri Tirthayatra Yojana. The government is investigating all aspects. The scheme is also being considered for resumption and it will also be seen where the pilgrims can be sent. The elderly will be sent on a journey where Covid’s condition is under control.
The pilgrimage scheme was resumed on December 3, 2021, after about 23 months due to Corona, and four trains departed for different pilgrimages in about one month from December to January 3. After that, the cases of Kovid in Delhi started increasing rapidly and this yatra also came to an end. Although the Delhi government at that time had prepared a schedule till February and the elderly were to be sent on different pilgrimages, the entire schedule was canceled. Kamal Bansal, chairman of the Pilgrimage Development Committee, said the new schedule would be worked out in consultation with the railways as per the guidelines coming from the government.
In December last year, three trains departed on 3rd, 10th and 18th and then another train departed on 3rd January 2022. Most of the pilgrims are women. More than 68 per cent of the pilgrims were women. The train left for Ayodhya on 3rd and 10th December. After which another train left for Dwarkadhish on 18th December.